The Madelia Community Hospital & Clinic is excited to announce that we are partnering with the Church of Christ Madelia to host this year’s Farmers Market in the church’s parking lot. Their location, just off Main Street and Highway 60 at the corner of Eager Ave S.E. and 1st St. S.E., will be a convenient destination for Madelia Farmers Market shoppers.
This year the opening day for the Madelia Farmers Market will be on Wednesday, June 17th. The Farmers Market will be open every Wednesday from 3:30 to 6 p.m. through the fall. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there will be other changes taking place at the market:
- Our vendors will be six feet a part and have an additional table in front of their display table for transactions.
- We ask that you wear a facemask. Some people with COVID-19 do not have symptoms, so the mask will protect our vendors and others that are shopping. • Send just one healthy family member to shop at the market. If you are feeling ill, please stay home.
- Maintain six feet of separation from others.
- No food can be consumed onsite – take home only.
- Wash your hands when you enter the market and before you leave.
- Shop with your eyes, vendors will handle and bag all items for you.
- Please refrain from mingling and shaking hands at the market.
The Madelia Farmers Market is a cash/check only market; credit cards and EBT are not accepted at this time.
New vendors are always welcome! If you are interested in selling your produce or goods at the Madelia Farmers Market, call the Madelia Community Hospital & Clinic at 507.642.5225 for more details. A registration form is available on our website at: https://www.21.myvisionstage.com//calendar/farmers-market There is no charge for vendors to participate, but they must provide their own tables.
If you want to know where your food is grown, how it is grown, and who grows it, visit your local farmers market today!